It has been long since a new post has been published. Pardon me for the absence, but I was involved in creating my own venture.
Thankfully, after much brainstorming, looking for ideas, understanding our own pain points, my co-founder Nidhi and I, have decided to launch, FounderMates.
The product is right now been developed, but you can definitely look it up here and sign up if it interests you:
The concept briefly is outlined below. We will highlight more in few week’s time as well launch our beta platform to sign in.
Most existing advisory channels available to entrepreneurs today have inefficiencies that FounderMates aims to solve:
1. Social media / public forums – lack of privacy, disintegrated, search is time consuming
2. Paid advisory – entrepreneurs charged upfront
3. Physical networking events – Every advisor cannot attend every event. Also, in an event entrepreneurs do not network with every advisor. Also advisor’s skills are not known by entrepreneurs. Leads to inefficiency
4. Cold calling – perceived rude by some, time inefficient , limited reach
5. Personal networks – limited networks , lack of access to broad range of skills and expertise
What is FounderMates?
FounderMates is an organized online platform where entrepreneurs can connect with advisors in a safe, secure and private environment at no cost
Benefits of FounderMates to an entrepreneur
- · Easy and quick access to quality advisory at no cost
- · Access to a diverse portfolio of carefully selected advisors from different professional backgrounds, industries and skills
Benefits of FounderMates to an advisor
- · Make advisors visible to the entire entrepreneurial community on the platform
- · Enable an advisor to build his SME/startup influence by getting reviews from entrepreneurs
- · Provide a platform to advisors where engagement with entrepreneurs may lead to value added long term relationship
We invite you to register interest in the link: http://foundermates.com
We will contact you soon with further details of our platform
We will launch in the middle of March 2013
Please take a moment after you register to share the link with other advisors and entrepreneurs who you feel will add value to our platform and help make FounderMates a stronger community.